For a complete list of Patient Portal Instructions, click here.
Patient Portal Frequently Asked Questions
- I forgot my username. How do I find it?
- Either call the office or send an email using the form found on the Contact Us page.
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- You have the ability to reset your password yourself. Click the Patient Portal button above. Once at the login page, enter your username and then click Forgot Password? A new window will appear asking your security question. Answer the question and click Reset. A temporary password will be emailed to you. Follow the directions in the email.
- I tried resetting my password using the directions above and it didn't work. Now what?
- Call the office OR send an email using the form found on the Contact Us page and we can reset your password for you.
- How do I sign up for the patient portal?
- Call us and provide your email address OR send an email using the form found on the Contact Us page.
- How quickly will I get a response to my portal message?
- Please remember to only use the portal to send non-emergent questions. You can expect a reply within two business days.
- Is this portal the same as MyChart from the University of Rochester?
- No. We do not share the same electronic medical record system as the University so our portal is completely separate from theirs.
Can I see my entire medical record?
No. The portal provides a means of sending and receiving secure messages as well as receiving lab results, clinical summaries, and other health information.
Will I be able to see all my previous lab results and clinical summaries?
No. Your registration marks the beginning of your portal activity so you will see all future results and summaries. We DO have the capability of posting past results and summaries upon special request. Please send us a portal message with this request.
What will a message from the office look like in my email?
It will be from “ChartMaker® Patient Portal firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject “Drs. Cahn-Hidalgo, Minnella, Plain, Tan & Yoon patient portal activity.” It will indicate that there has been recent activity on your portal and encourages you to log in by clicking on a link in the email that will take you to the portal. Once logged into the portal, you can view your message.
What is the web address of the portal if I just want to log on without receiving an email?
Just use the button above to log onto the portal. Be sure to save it as a favorite or book mark it in your browser so you can easily return to the portal. While you are there, save our website as a favorite too!
Can two patients use the same email to register for the portal?
Yes, but when you receive a portal email, pay close attention to whom it is addressed so you know which account has had activity.
Can a son, daughter, or other relative or friend manage a portal account for an elderly patient?
Yes, please call us and we can guide you through the process
Can I attach a document to a patient portal message?
Currently, our portal does not offer the ability to attach a document. We are hopeful this will be included in a future upgrade. Until the feature is available, you can attach your document to an email and send to email@example.com.
Can I access the patient portal from my phone?
The patient portal can be accessed by any device with an internet connection (smartphone, tablet, etc.). However, the portal is designed to be viewed on a desktop and all features may not be displayed correctly on an alternate device.
Is there a patient portal app?
Currently there is not a patient portal app. The best way to access the portal is to visit our website.
Will my message go directly to the doctor?
Portal messages are routed through office staff prior to being sent to the physicians. A Health Question is directed to nurses. Appointment, Refill and General Questions are routed to secretaries. A Billing Question is routed to our billing staff.
When I receive an email that says I have a message and I click the link, my wife's log in information is already filled in to the log in page. Why isn't mine there?
The link that we send you is not remembering your wife's log in information. It is your browser that is remembering log in information. Delete your wife's username and enter your own and do the same with your password. If your browser asks you if you want to save this information, you certainly may. If you do, you will have to click into the username box to select which username you want to use to log in for future access.
- I'm no longer using the email that I was using when I signed up for the portal. How do I change my email address associated to the portal?
- Please log into your portal account and look to the top right corner of the window. You will find "My Account". Click on "My Account" and you will have the option of changing the email address associated with the portal. Then, all notifications that we send will go to the new email address. You can also contact us and we can change the email associated with your account.